Friday, March 25, 2011

Feature You Friday: Waterfall Card by Vickie

Good morning CraftyStealers!

This morning, we have a beautiful card from fellow CraftyStealer Vickie, to get those creative juices flowing in time for the weekend.

A little bit about Vickie:

"I am a single Grandmother with 6 Grandsons.  I have been scrapbooking for about 15 years now and had a retail and online scrapbook store called “Victoria’s Keepsakes” about 9 years ago.  I just recently retired so almost all my time is spent scrapbooking, card making, and anything else scrapbook or paper craft related.  I have really gotten hooked on card making recently and learning all the new techniques. I have a BFF that shares the same passion and joy I share in creating as well as shopping. We are attempting out first Craft Show in April so we have been really busy getting things made for that. She has a lake house near Lake Texoma that we go to as often as we can and scrapbook the weekend or week away.
I also love anytime I can get great buys on scrapbook items and Crafty Steals has lots of those. I loved the My Mind’s Eye paper pack from the Ohh La La collection.  In fact I liked it so much and it was such a “steal”, I bought a set for me, my best friend and my daughter-in-law."
And a little bit about the card, made with her CraftySteal, My Mind's Eye Ohh La La paper...

"The cards I created from this set used a new technique I found called the “waterfall” technique where when a ribbon is pulled, the card opens up to reveal several ovals with sentiments."
Love the waterfall technique! If you'd like to see some more of Vickie's work, you can visit her at her blog, Victoria's Keepsakes or "like" her Facebook page Victorias-Keepsakes  She's also selling her fabulous creations on eBay! (She's doesn't have any items currently on eBay, as she's getting ready for a craft show in April, so if you are in the DFW area, you might be able to score one in person).

Thanks, Vickie, for sharing with us!

All of you other CraftyStealers, don't forget to send in your paper-craft project pictures to blog@craftysteals.com.  You (and your blog, charitable cause or business if you have one) could be featured on a future Friday.

We are also so excited to say that CraftySteals is getting close to 20,000 fans on Facebook.  We have fabulous prizes in store for you when we get there - so please help us spread the word and suggest us to all of your friends!  Let's see how fast we can get to 20,000!
 Have a great weekend and happy crafting!

1 comment: