Friday, March 11, 2011

Its Feature You Friday!

Good morning, CraftyStealers!


This morning, we have a layout from CraftyStealer Sarah.  She hails from Australia and here is what she has to say about herself:
I am a 27 year old Mummy.  I have one daughter- Madeline, she is 18 months old and a lovely partner- Dwight . I also work casually as a Radiographer- doing mainly CT scans and xrays.  I started scrapping 6 years ago. I took a beginner, intermediate and advanced course at a local scrapbooking shop. Initially I put together an album for my mum and her new fiance. I collated all their love letters, photos and journalled all about their love story.  After that, I scrapped for special occasions for friends and family. I had a hiatus of a couple of years and just last year I attended a couple of classes at a local shop after which my mojo returned. And I now have gotten into the online scrapping world! 
Mostly now I love to just scrapbook pages, but I do the occasional card or off the page project. On my layouts, I love using layering, making handmade embellishments, distressing, using fabric, different textures and paint effects . At the moment my favourite products are my Silhouette SD machine (which my partner purhcased at a bargain price on CraftySteals.com!) and any Sassafras Lass products (which I get on Crafty Steals)
Scrapbooking means so much to me. I love the feeling of starting with a photo or few, picking some papers and seeing where I end up. I love the journalling side of things and the thought of making beautiful albums that will be cherished for years to come - I'm a bit of a sentimental softie : ).
Here is one of Sarah's layouts, featuring 4 Crafty Steals: Sassafrass Lass Indie Girl, My Mind's Eye Abbey Road "Whirlybird", My Mind's Eye Ooh La La and Sassafrass Lass Glitter Alphabet bundle.  (Psst...the MME Abbey Road "Whirlybird" and Sassafrass Lass "Indie Girl" steals are up on the CraftySteals.com Past Steals page!)


Thanks again, Sarah, for sharing your talents with us! If you'd like to see more of Sarah's work, check out her blog at http://www.scrapbookhabit.com/.
Don't forget, if you'd like to be featured on a future Feature You Friday, send in a picture of a favorite project to blog@craftysteals.com.  If you sew, knit or play with fabric, send in those project photos to blog@stitchsteals.com for a chance to be featured on our sister site, StitchSteals.com.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout (appropriate for such a beautiful baby!). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete